Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Welcome from Gayla

First off I would like to welcome all of you to our Mojave Moon blog.

My name is Gayla Self and Mojave Moon is my passion come to life. Everything
on our site comes from my love of the Southwest and fashion. My family laughs and calls me our walking talking billboard !!

As a child growing up in Kansas with a strong Native American heritage, the love of turquoise was instilled very early on. My Grandfather was a Choctaw Indian, not a artistic man but certainly proud of his roots.

Choctaws are not know for their jewelry making abilities, but this certainly didn't dampen my eye for it. You know how most women have a gem stone that strikes their fancy, well turquoise is mine.

Stop in and chat with us, we would love to welcome you into our extended family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you design any of the jewelry? Are the pieces mass produced?

Anonymous said...

Love the new website design--it shows off the jewelry very nicely. Interesting to know about your Choctaw background!

Anonymous said...

You have some truly awesome pieces on the site... How did you meet or find Gale Self?

gayla said...

We pride ourselves in the fact that none of our jewelry is mass produced. Each of our pieces are done here in the US by artists we have a close relationship with.
Most all of our jewelry are one of a kind items, signed by the artist.

gayla said...

Irene,
I'm so glad you like the new web site. Our goal is to give our customers an easy place to find the best of the Southwest!!

gayla said...

As the weeks go on you will all come to see that Gale is truly one of my very favorite artists.
I actually met his wife Saundra first. We were at a function in Dallas, when she read my name tag, we thought this deserved a lengthy conversation.
I was then lucky enough to have several phone conversation with this loving couple. We also now get together socially as often as possible.