Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A new recipe for Easter

This time I wanted to do something just a bit different. We won't discuss jewelry, clothes or stones this time.

With Easter upon us I thought I would share a wonderful Native American recipe for Lamb, complements of Burning Tree Native Grill.

I have fixed this on more than one occasion with rave reviews. So give it a try and enjoy.

Burning Tree Roast Leg of Lamb

1pc. leg of lamb (6 lbs.)
salt and pepper to taste
2-4 cloves of garlic
1 can of beef consume
1 soup can of water
2 T. vinegar
1 pc. onion, sliced
basting sauce
1 cup catchup
1 cup burgundy wine
1 cup wild berry jelly: see note

Rub leg of lamb with salt, pepper and crushed garlic. You may substitute powdered garlic if you wish. Add consume, water, vinegar and onion slices to roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer to thickest part of lamb.
Put lamb in preheated 450 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Baste with sauce and reduce heat to 350 degrees, continue roasting and basting until thermometer registers 145 to 150 degrees for medium rare, 160 to 170 for well done. Serve on warmed platter with watercress. Drippings may be reduced if necessary and passed in a gravy boat.

Chefs note: huckleberry, service berry or current jelly or jam can be used.
Serves 8-10.

Let me know if you enjoy the recipe !!
Happy Easter.
Gayla

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gayla,
The Kippy's , Simons, and Christine Alexander belts are all so beautiful. Why are the Christine Alexander belts so much cheaper. Are the stones different.

Anonymous said...

First let me say that the leg of lamb recipe was sooooo good. The large red carry on bag with the the heart on it, what is the heart made out of.

gayla said...

Anonymous,
So glad you like the belts-- they are wonderful. All three use the same high quality Swarovski crystals. Prices are different because of the designers.
I wear all three and love them all, you will too I'm sure.
Gayla

gayla said...

Anonymous,
Wonderful, I'm glad you liked the lamb recipe, it's a favorite here- so flavorful for those who like lamb. In the future I will try and bring in a few more Native American recipes, fry bread is one of my husband absolute favorite.

I am also thrilled you like the bag-- it's a stunner. The red bag is high quality cowhide with silver studs making up the romantic heart.
These bags are such good quality. I just got back from vacation where I carried mine(the pink and black tiger print). The doctor bag opening makes it so convenient to find just what you're looking for.
Try one--- I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Thanks
Gayla

Anonymous said...

Gayla
How do the sizes run on the Christine Alexander jeans. Some jeans are run big or small so I was just wondering. I also tried the recipe, I'm usually not a fan of lamb but my husband is. We both thought it was great. We are lookig forward to some more food suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Gayla
what is the tiger print bag made of. I'd seen you mentioned it in one of your comments. I also wanted to know how big it was.

gayla said...

Anonymous,
The Christine Alexander jeans fit just like Jag jeans, so I think they run slightly big. One of the girls in the office usually wears 501 Levis and compared to them they were generous. They do have a slight stretch to them.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the lamb recipe--- more to come soon!
Thanks
Gayla

gayla said...

Anonymous,
The tiger bag is made from stenciled cowhide. These bags are so well made with the doctor bag opening. Handles are rolled and stitched leather.
I carry the pink and black tiger one. So striking.
The bags are approx. 12 inches tall (without the handles) and approx. 24 inches wide. Very roomy, and so easy to pack.
Give one a try.